THE WORLD FAMOUS MCGUFFIN'S MUFFINS NOT-SO-SECRET MUFFIN RECIPE
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 eggs
- 200g caster sugar
- 250ml milk
- 125ml vegetable oil
- 400g plain flour
- 3tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- A muffin tray lined with paper muffin cases
WHAT TO DO
- Ask an adult to turn on the oven to a medium temperature (180 degrees or Gas Mark 6).
- Beat the eggs with the oil and milk in a mixing bowl.
- Add the sugar and whisk until it dissolves.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt and mix really well to get rid of all the lumps. (You can add mashed banana, chocolate chips, or raisins at this point if you like).
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases. IMPORTANT: Only fill them 2/3 full as the muffins will expand when they are baking.
- Bake them for 25 minutes.
- Let them cool before you scoff them!
Photo by: MaGIc2laNTern (Own work) [CC BY 3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons